Monday, March 7, 2011

Lets go for Tea Saapti !


I was making some changes to my blog settings, Ratna Balaji walked across and saw that I was fiddling with a blog. He seemed interested and I obliged by showing my posts. Out of nowhere he suggested that i should blog about tea breaks in our team and walked away.

I dismissed his suggestion right away, but on second thoughts IT WAS something I always wanted to share.

The mere thought of our tea breaks brings fond memories. It might sound silly, but the feeling is justified.
If I have to look back at my stay in Australia, the memories of our tea breaks will always stay fresh.

This twice a day ritual is very important part of my work life. I dare not call it a ritual, at it is an event that is anything but dull. Our tea breaks is actually a ceremony, a celebration.

Vibhor, an eternally super charged soul, invites us for tea break with his trademark "Let's go for Tea Saapti".

I don't know why the mere invitation always brings joy to me as street-side ice cream vendor's bell would sound to a kid.

It is mostly boys club during tea break, where we discuss everything, including work.
It is a stage for us to discuss cricket, mostly about our saturday game. Whether we revel in our victories or sulk in our defeats, the comments that fly across are more eccentric that Sidhu, more cynical than Geoff Boycott and more clinical than Harsha Bogle.

Tea break is the ingenious way we devised to bring weekend into the scheme of weekdays. It ensures that a part of Saturday lives in us everyday till the next Saturday morning.

As far as topics other than cricket goes, I'll leave it up to your imagination. ;)

At the end of the break, I have always left smiling.  The much elusive happiness meets us in our break.
So,I wanted to coin "15 minutes of magic" as title of the post..

But, "Lets go for Tea Saapti " is more fitting..Don't you agree? :)

3 comments:

Ishwar Jakkali said...

Gr8 one Audrey ...I simply loved reading it. Just the words of "Tea Saptee" mesmerize the mind ..

Topics covered ..
- Within cricket more in detail abt military medium, medium and fast bowling aspects
- Otherthan cricket we do speak abt Keeda (!!:-)), automation, bamboo tool etc

Vibhors said...

Good one Auds...

Few Abbrevations used : Di**, S**p Pa**ra, Shab***n, recently added "And How"

Auds said...

Vibhor , you missed the recent addition : J***D B***A :)