Monday, March 14, 2011

Perfection - A Myth


We see more and more people joining the band wagon, trumpeting about perfection or the lack of it.
The real question is , why do we have imperfect systems? Is it deviation or norm ?

I believe that it's the latter. Let me build my case.

Imperfections have helped people to develope tolerance and tolerance is a VIRTUE.

Imperfections bring the element of uncertainity that makes life interesting..

Imperfections NEVER cripple us.
They just build up frustration towards the system that are easily relieved from time to time, through power cycling..


Power cycling/reset is the act of turning a piece of equipment/system and then turning it on again. Mostly, the reason for reset is to recover from an unresponsive state of its mission critical functionality.

In the past , reset was always used as the last step recover from a failure and there was a stigma attached to it. Thanks to Microsoft, people were generously encouraged to take this route.The convenience of power reset caught on the other platforms, devices, equipments.

Nowadays, anything run by software (which is pretty much everything) are subjected to reset. It has become the first step to recover from any crash. This has played into the hands of developers  & creators, for they keep building imperfect systems.

I started cursing Microsoft for standardising "reset culture" and destroying mankind's movement towards perfection (How Naive??).  Then I realized that even the most amazing creator had got the hang of it... :)

Every life created in this universe comes with the creator's gaurantee of vitality. But quite so often it ends up malfunctioning. In the event of non-recovery , the plug is pulled and the life is created again with a bright new set of hardware.

I should have seen the god's hand in imperfections.

Paradigm has shifted.

Now, I started reading "Imperfect" as "I'm Perfect" and I feel great about it!!
 
Embrace Imperfection and you will be at peace with the world and self.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is this topic on Philosophy or technology? I M PERFECT.

Auds said...

I am quite thrilled that "God" himself is confused ! :)